Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Request: Group test runs by milestone

Hello,

I have a project that has multiple milestones, and multiple test runs and test plans assigned to each milestone. Some milestones are running in parallel.

One of the things I want to be able to do is see how all of the test runs are going over multiple milestones. I can’t find a way to do that.

You can view all of the test runs in the Test Runs and Results tab, but the entries are all listed together and are sorted alphabetically.

You can view all of the test runs for a single milestone through the Milestones tab. But in order to view what’s going on with more than one milestone, you have to go through them one-by-one.

One way to do this would be to allow grouping by milestone in the Test Runs tab.

Thanks.

Hello Jan,

Thanks for your posting and the feature request. Grouping by milestone (and additional filtering/grouping options) is already planned for the test run overview and we would like to see this in one of the updates after the next one (2.7, which is already feature complete). In case you haven’t seen this, the Todo page already allows you to group test runs by milestone which works similar to the test run overview.

I hope this helps and please let me know in case you have any further questions.

Regards,
Tobias

We upgraded recently to JIRA 5.3 and I see that this capability is now available. It’s so much easier now to see what’s going on with multiple milestones. It’s also very easy to see now when someone has created a test plan/run that’s not been assigned to a milestone.

YAY!!!

Thanks.

Glad you like this! :slight_smile: Thank you for the feedback.