Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Reports

Hi - Is it possible to download/email reports in a format other than a zip file?

Thanks!

Hello,

Thanks for your posting. The reports are currently only available as ZIP/HTML version if you download/email them. The reason for this is that this is the only format that ensures that the reports look exactly the same as viewed directly in TestRail. We are happy to consider other formats in the future (and the reporting engine is prepared to support this).

Regards,
Tobias

Perhaps a PDF attachment of the report as opposed to a ZIP. For me, the links wouldn’t have to be clickable in the PDF, it could be as if someone had printed the report to a PDF.

Thanks for your feedback on this. You can already print a report in TestRail and you would be able to generate a PDF file from this print view (you would just need to install a PDF printer for this). You can print a report by clicking on the printer icon when viewing a report.

Regards,
Tobias

I encounter a problem while printing report:

It would be truncated if the report has too many data and exceed the area of the printing area.
How to make sure all the data were printed?

Thanks.

Alston

Hello Alston,

There’s only limited space on paper/PDF but you might be able to change the orientation to landscape? Have you tried this already?

Regards,
Tobias

[quote=tgurock]Hello Alston,

There’s only limited space on paper/PDF but you might be able to change the orientation to landscape? Have you tried this already?

Regards,
Tobias[/quote]

Yes, I did try this but it still exceed the area of the paper.
So this means that I have to prevent the report too wide to print.
Is this correct?

Alston

Hello Alston,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, many report templates allow to to configure the level of detail included in the report and I would also recommend limiting the width in this case. For example, if you generate reports of type Results > Comparison for Cases, you can configure to include all test runs (side-by-side) or just the latest/overall status across all test runs (coverage). Including all test runs may result in a very wide report but you could look into using the latest/overall column only when you intend to generate reports for PDFs, for example.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Tobias