Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Reports view

We have a custom results fields for a passed from automation. In other overviews (plans/runs) i can get the pie chart percentage to be adjusted for the new results status using uiscripts.context.run. However, for a whole project it becomes much more difficult since there is no info in the uiscripts.context.project other than ID and name. I am trying to make the project report display results from all the suites/runs/plans. Is there a way to get all the results from all the suites/runs/plans etc in the entire project?

I thought about parsing out the results from the chart legend after the page had been loaded but that is not very efficient. There must be some sort of internal call to project data.

Hello Ben,

Thanks for your posting. Could you please let us know the page you want to customize? A project in TestRail does not have an overall/combined result status for all test runs/plans/milestones and we usually recommend using milestones if you want to have an aggregated status for a group of test runs, plans or both.

Regards,
Tobias

I would like to change the ^reports/view page. Just changing the display of a report that has been run for a project.

Hello Ben,

Thanks for the additional details. You can change/copy the built-in report templates and adjust it to your needs but this is rarely needed in our experience (since the reports are very flexible or you can use a combination of multiple reports to achieve your goal). If you want to change the status charts (pie charts) in the reports, you would need to duplicate the entire rendering code for this part of the reports and this wouldn’t really be recommended (for example, for compatibility reasons with future versions).

Regards,
Tobias