Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Reports are not sent as per Timezone setting

Hi Tobias,

I am using TestRail version-4.2.0.3315. Configured test rail, In site settings set Default timezone to (UTC+3.00) Riyadh. Then scheduled a report to send daily at 14:00PM but report is sent at 17:00PM. Please clarify.

Regards,
Venkata.

Hello Venkata,

Thanks for your posting! TestRail uses the timezone of the user (who created the scheduled report) if the timezone is overridden under My Settings. Could you check this please? Otherwise it would use the default timezone from Administration > Site Settings.

Regards,
Tobias

Hi Tobias,

Timezone configuration under “My settings” is same as Site Settings. Attached My Settings snapshot for your reference.

Regards,
Venkata.

Thanks, Venkata! Was the report created by you or someone else? I’m asking as TestRail uses the timezone of the user who created the scheduled report.

Regards,
Tobias

Hi Tobias,

Report is created by me only.

Regards,
Venkata.

Thanks, Venkata! Could you please enable debug logging, let the background task run for a day or so and then send us the log file to our help desk at contact@gurock.com? You can enable debug logging as follows:

http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-faq/system-debug

Please ZIP the log file as they can get quite large. The log file should help us learn more about this issue and we will also make sure to reproduce this on our end in the meantime.

Regards,
Tobias

Hi Tobias,

I tried again today scheduling the reports with my timezone(UTC+3.00) RIYADH configured at My Settings and also in Site settings . Received report email as per my time zone.

FYI.

Thanks,
Venkata.

Thanks for the update, Venkata, and great to hear that!

Regards,
Tobias