Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Reporting Status at Section level

Hi,

We are using TestRail within an Agile delivery framework, and we are structuring our Test Suites as such that the “Section” level refers to the Story, and then the test cases sit under the Story (Section). The challenge I have is I would like to pull a progress report off to show the status of the sprint at the Story (section) level rather than it showing me all the tests and their status. So for example if I have 3 test cases, 2 passed and one failed then the overall section would show as failed.

Is there a way to do this, or has anyone managed to customise their report to do this?

Thanks for your help and input,

Stuart

Hello Stuart,

Thanks for your posting. If you use the one-suite mode for projects, many reports on the Reports tab automatically have a section filter. This allows you to display passed/failed statistics down to the section level with the Results > Comparison for Cases reports, for example. It’s also planned to add section-level reporting outside the Reports tab (e.g. per test run).

You can learn more about one-suite projects here (this is configurable per project and you can simply experiment with this by creating a new project):

http://blog.gurock.com/postings/introducing-testrail-4-0/2757/

(see “Suite Modes and Baselines”)

Regards,
Tobias