Is there a way to report and/ identify quickly on the number of times a single Test Case has been linked to other test cases?
Sorry if I am being dense here, but I’m not understanding how the linkage is created/established?
The link is created and established within the Test Case itself. You can call TC within a TC so you aren’t having to rewrite the same steps multiple times that are repetitive, keeping your Test Cases easy to maintain moving forward.
In the description of a single Test Case, I will call the test steps from C131 and C134
- Run test case [C131](https://enterpriseapplications.testrail.io/index.php?/cases/view/131) with the following Test Data:
- Select Apartment Amenities that begin with A, B, and C
- Deselect Apartment Amenities that begin with D, E, and F
- Run test case [C134](https://enterpriseapplications.testrail.io/index.php?/cases/view/134) with the following Test Data
- Module: Apartment Amenities
Does this clarify what I’m looking to achieve from a reporting standpoint?
Thank you for posting! It is not currently possible to report the number of times a link to a specific test case has been added in your various test cases. TestRail creates these links to the other test cases using Markdown formatting so a true link between these test cases has not been created. We are happy to review adding support for this type of link/reference between test cases in a future update to TestRail. We are also looking into adding functionality to be able to copy specific test steps between test cases. I have added your vote to our feature request for this. That said, we don’t have a specific timeframe to provide for this yet.
I hope this helps!
Thank you for your prompt response. Appreciate it!
Add another vote from me. Thank you.
Thank you for your response and support for this new enhancement. Appreciate you.