Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our
blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Report > Results > Proper Distribution + filter Test Cases by 'Tested On' / filter Test Runs by 'Milestone' shows not all the data

Hi dear colleagues,

I’m starting the work with metrics collection from TestRail on my project and have two issues with Report > Results > Proper Distribution.

1. Filter Test Runs by Milestone doesn’t show all the tests which were executed during the Milestone, but only few from the last month.

a) Report Options > Grouping > Group the tests by: > Tested By
b) Report Options > Test Suites & Runs > Include the test results of: > The test runs that match the following filter (now and in the future): > (change) the filter
c) Milestone > <select_milestone>
d) Report Options > Tests > Apply the following filter for the tests: > (change) the filter
e) Tested By > <select_users>

Note: Milestone is not complete, currently in progress.

This filter shows me the results on only December 2017, while the same users have executed a lot of tests in the same Milestone but much earlier.

1. Filter Test Cases by Tested On > Custom doesn’t show all the tests which were executed during the specified time, only some few tests from the thousands.

a) Report Options > Grouping > Group the tests by: > Tested By
b) Report Options > Tests > Apply the following filter for the tests: > (change) the filter
c) Tested On > Custom > From : To:

Filter returns only 3 users which were executing tests (but ~20 were working on tests).
Also - the count of tests is too small - it shows ~80 when thousands were executed.

Please, let me know if I’m using filters wrong way. I just want to figure out how many tests have my team executed during Milestone / Period of time.

Thanks