Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Report on Test Plan Exposure

I’m new to TestRail and still getting familiar with Projects, Plans, Suites, Runs …etc. My Question is in how to track testcase exposure/execution on a Test Plan.

How do I report on the delta between test runs and test plans to that I can see which test cases have not been assigned to a test run?

I’m might be getting closer: My Project type is Multi-Suite. When I goto Reports->Summary/Plan … Then you can’t select anything since all test cases are contained in Suites. I suspect if I use a Baseline or Single Repository then I could generate that report.

I would like to have a Report-Summary-Plan for the Multi-Suite project.

If someone has been able to generate a Report showing, for their Test Plan/suites, which test cases have/have not been executed please let me know.

UPDATE: I found a link Report on Test Cases NOT run
which gets pointed in the right direction. There is some good information in regards to how keeping a project to track the lifecycle over several releases can impact what is available on reports.