Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Remove the Test Plan creation date from Milestone summary

This is my first major regression test run with TestRails. So far I am very impressed with the outcome. I know there is already a thread about exporting to PDF, so I will leave that alone.

My issue/request:

I use the milestone (summary) report to send out to Management daily. I keep getting questions about the dates that show up under “Test Runs & Plans”. This is the date the test plan was created, which we started planning about a month in advance of the regression run. So I have a couple of Test Plans that give confusing information, that truly isn’t relevant.

It would be nice to have a little more customization in the report generator. I would like the option to remove those dates. I know I can export the report, unzip, edit the index.html, save, then print to PDF…but I really, really don’t want to have to do that on a daily basis.

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your post! Currently, it wouldn’t be possible to remove the dates with the built-in report options. If you are on TestRail Server, you can look into customizing the report plugin to create/edit the report to remove this section or at least the date lines of the section. You can look into this option on our website here:

http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-custom/reports-introduction

We’re also always happy to look into additional report configuration options, and I’ve added this to our feature request list. In general, we also have plans to look into options to have test plan / run start dates configurable as well, which could then also be used in the report and be a bit more accurate than the creation date. Hope this helps!

Regards,
Marco