Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Remember position when closing/opening three-pane view

First of all I would like to say that I am loving the new three-pane view. But there is a little thing that could greatly improve the usability. When opening/closing the three-pane view the view scrolls back to the top of the page. This is quite frustrating as it forces you to scroll back down to your test case every time you switch views. It would be great if the view could stay on the current position.

Hello Sarah,

Thanks for your feedback and great to hear that you like the three-pane feature! We just tested this and can confirm the behavior. I agree that this isn’t ideal and we will make sure to look into this. We found that this only happens if you open/close the three-pane view and not if you have it open and navigate between tests/cases. The latest TestRail version (5.2) also automatically remembers/restores the three-pane view state across page refreshes so this will hopefully be less of an issue if you leave the three-pane view open.

Cheers,
Tobias