Subscribe Join 180,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security. Subscribe

Receiving Field Case IDs is not a valid ID list

i have a test run with dynamic selection , seems i removed a test case or one of my references are no longer valid. now my test run is frozen and cannot add new test cases inside it . please advise

Mounir,

I am currently experiencing this issue as well. I’m not sure if this is the go-to solution, and it’s a little hacky but it’s worked for me:

Rather than clicking “Dynamic Filtering”, select “Include All” (this will preserve the status of your current test results in the test run)

After you have them all selected, you can re-select “Dynamic Filtering” and filter the way you want to. (Again, assuming you first selected “Include All”, this will preserve the status of your test results in the run)

As far as what is causing this issue, I’m beginning to notice a pattern where if you include more than one value in a field, it can sometimes break this dynamic filtering. An example from my org would be if I want to include multiple Labels, maybe “QA” and “Prod”.

As far as deleting a test case after it’s been dynamically filtered like you stated in your question, I haven’t experienced that yet, but I’ll keep my eyes open for it.

let me know if this works for you!

You saved my day . the workarround works . your help is very appreciated !

1 Like