Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Receiving an error while deleting test cases

While attempting to delete tests from a section, I am receiving the following error:

DeleteError

The operation is only successful if I delete a maximum of 3 test cases at a time.

Has anybody else encountered this issue and know how to fix it?

Thanks so much in advance!

Hi Beth,

The error message you are receiving is generally used as a generic error message for client-side or browser errors, likely due to a browser extension or network disruption.

If this is happening each time you attempt to delete tests, then this is likely just a local issue with your web browser or connection. Can you try this in a different browser with all browser add-ons/extensions disabled (in incognito mode), and let me know if you still get the same error?

You can also review your browser’s console log and review any error messages displayed there.

Hope this helps,
Jon

Hi Jon,

I repeated the action on Chrome, Firefox, and Safari (including in incognito/private mode) and still received the same error.

I checked the console log in Chrome and Safari and saw the following:

Chrome:
/testrail/index.php?/sections/ajax_delete:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)

Safari:
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)

Thanks.

Hi Beth,

Thanks for the additional details! Can you send us an email to contact@gurock.com with a screenshot of the error in your console log? Please also include any details about your TestRail instance, such as URL (if you’re using TestRail Cloud) or the version and installation details if you’re using TestRail Server.

With these details we should be able to provide additional feedback on the cause of the error.

Thanks,
Jon