Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our
blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

RAD Studio 10.1 Berlin

Hi, I have seen that other user have already asked for RAD Studio 10.1 Berlin support in SmartInspect: can you please give us timeline for when we can have this version?

I think many users are waiting for SmartInspect become compatible/installable on RAD Studio 10.1 Berlin.

thanks

Hi @fabvit,

Thanks for your posting. You can already use the source code version of the libraries to integrate with 10.1 but it’s also planned to provide pre-compiled binaries with the next version. We currently don’t have a time frame but you can already use the source code version to use SmartInspect with Delphi 10.1.

Cheers,
Tobias

Should be out next year, say September 2017, based on past behaviour. However, with the purchase of Gurock by Idera, I am half expecting that SmartInspect is going to go away. Idera already owns CodeSite through Embarcadero, so it seems unlikely that they are going to allow SmartInspect to continue. Unless they lay off D & T once they get the TestRail source code, and then maybe with all that free time D&T will put some hours into SmartInspect.

Tsagoth, nobody is being laid off, and there aren’t any plans to stop offering SmartInspect. Nothing is changing in how we work with our customers and how we invest in our products.

The opposite is the case actually, as we are actively hiring to expand the Gurock team so we can work with more customers and support more teams. We are benefiting from many additional resources IDERA has. We specifically joined IDERA as they share our vision for the team and company going forward, and you can learn more here:

https://blog.gurock.com/gurock-testrail-acquired-by-idera/

I hope this helps!