Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Questions and How To

Can anyone tell if there is a way to change a view of the project Activities/history under Overview tab? For instance, we don’t want to display activities grouped by Date. We would rather display the activities by Build number. Is this view customizable? Thanks.

Hello Dolores,

Thanks for your feedback. It’s not currently possible to change the grouping on the dashboard, but we consider supporting this in the future. When you mention grouping by build number, could you use milestones or, alternatively, test plans for this? Are you usually starting new test runs when you start working with a new build? Or do you you upgrade to new builds during testing regularly and just continue working with the same test runs?

Thanks,
Dennis

I’m new to PHP and TestRail and I’m trying to understand how the import process works by running the CSV migration script provided. We have a lot of test cases in Excel format that we would like to import using the utility provided. Is csv2testrail should be downloaded on the web server with TestRail installed and running? How do I execute a script? From a command line or somewhere else? Sorry, but the documentation provided is not step by step explanation and for a new user like me it’s a little bit hard to understand the entire import process. I would appreciate any help with this.

Hello Dolores,

Thanks for your posting. Yes, you are correct, you would usually download the csv2testrail script to your TestRail server or alternatively to another system where PHP is installed (this can also be a Windows machine). The script would then be executed from the command line. It’s also usually required to customize the script slightly for your particular format. However, we can also usually help with the conversion if you prefer this and I’ve just sent you a separate email so we can discuss this “offline”.

Thanks,
Dennis