Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our
blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Problem with “Umlaute” in UI Customization script


#1

I have an UI Customization script that runs another script written with python. The python script creates a JIRA Issue and writes the case title in JIRA summary field. My TestRail UI script (JavaScript) transmits the case title in “uiscripts.context.case.title” through URL Context to python script.
If I have “Umlaute” (äöü) in case title it works, but if the “Umlaute” are capitalised (ÄÖÜ) it doesen’t work. I get 502 (Bad Gateway) Error. I debuged my python script and it works. I checked the URL adress, the encoding is right. Please help me, what I have to do?

Thanks
Roman


#2

Hi Roman,

Thanks for your post! In general, we wouldn’t be able to help with custom UI scripts as part of our support, and this issue looks more related to the JIRA API as opposed to the UI script in general. It’s likely that these characters/encoding aren’t supported via the JIRA API. I would recommend checking the JIRA logs and debugging on that end, as this would be indepedent of TestRail. Hope this helps!

Regards,
Marco


#3

Hi Marco,

I found another way to fix this Issue. I’m getting case title through API request, not through “uiscripts.context.case.title”. And it works for me.

Regards,
Roman


#4

Hi Roman,

Thanks for the update, and glad you were able to find a workaround! Just let us know in case you have any further questions and we’re happy to help!

Regards,
Marco