Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Priorities when importing CSV files

When I import test cases via CSV the mapping dialogue brings up entries for the priority of the test case, that my project is not using.
in this example the mapping offers
5 - must test
1- wichtig
3 - test if time
2 - normal
1- don’t test

my project is configured only to use
1- wichtig
2 - normal

where is the rest comming from ?

I believe those are included values and are set up in Administration --> Customizations --> Priorities.

Hi Cyrus,

Thanks for your posting. Could you please send a screenshot of your Administration > Customizations page (and the screenshot you posted here) to our help desk at contact@gurock.com? It looks like the CSV import dialog shows priorities that were deleted previously but a screenshot of your customizations page would be great to see.

Cheers,
Tobias

Hi Tobias,

please have a look at the second screenshot (below the big one). This is out administration --> Customizations page.

Do you want me to send both screenshots anyway?

Hi Cyrus,

Ah sorry, didn’t notice the second screenshot. We will make sure to review this for the next version. It looks like the CSV import dialog also shows deleted priorities/types and this shouldn’t be the case of course, thanks for reporting this. You can simply ignore the deleted items and map the CSV values to the items you actually use.

Cheers,
Tobias

Hi Tobias,

any update on this?
I can confirm that the CSV import dialog also shows test types, that I deleted in customizations.

Yep, we could reproduce this issue. This is already fixed internally and the fix will be included with the next TestRail version (5.1, available in the first half of December). You can simply ignore the values in the dropdown for now and I hope that works for you.

Thanks again for reporting this!

Cheers,
Tobias

Hi,

this seems to solved with the latest update (5.1).

THX

Hi Cyrus,

Yes, that was fixed and thanks again for reporting this!

Cheers,
Tobias

this bug seems to be back again :frowning:
We are currently running version 5.2.1.3472

Hi Cyrus,

Thanks for your feedback. I cannot confirm this and we tried to reproduce this with 5.2.1 and the upcoming 5.3 and both versions behave correctly. Can you please verify this again? Can you let us know how to reproduce this issue?

Cheers,
Tobias