Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Printing combined detailed results from many test runs

We have several test runs.
First one had all test cases but some of them failed during execution. So in the subsequence test runs, we were rerunning part of the initial set (not all).

When I run the report “Comparison for Cases (results)” it shows a great view. I can see the latest, combined status for each test case.

However, now we need to send client PDF file with the combined detailed view. Not an overview with pass / fail information, but actual results. I know how to generate them individually for each run, but I can’t use it when I contact the client.

So what I am looking for, is an option to print detailed results for “Latest (coverage)” group which will combine all the latest, good results in one place.

Hello Pawel,

Thanks for your posting. There’s currently no report that combines multiple runs and includes the result details (comments, steps, etc.). The Results > Comparison for Cases or Summary > Runs reports support multiple runs and are a great way to show the total coverage or combined stats. For the actual result details, we would recommend the print views and generating one view/report per test run. I believe a combination of both the comparison/summary reports and the print views (printed to PDF) would work very well in this case.

Cheers,
Tobias

In the single test run, when I print the detailed results, is it possible to only print “latest” results? I am currently using 4.2 version but upgrade to 5.0 is close

Hello Pawel,

The Details view includes all results as is sometimes necessary to see previous results as well to fully understand a test. For example, if a test failed first and then passed later, it makes sense to include the previous result as well to better understand what was tested, where potential problems are and that the test didn’t pass right away.

Cheers,
Tobias

Tobias, thank you for answers.
Unfortunately, this is not helping us because externally, we should be only sending latest results (those which passed).

Is there any chance for a combined report in the future?

Hello Pawel,

Thanks for your feedback. Sure, we are happy to look into this for a future version. Not sure if this would be an option for you, but you can also the XML (or CSV) exports to create a custom report based on your requirements (by creating exports and then post-processing the XML/CSV exports)…

Cheers,
Tobias