Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Print all test cases

Hello,

I am using Test Rail and I have created 12 test suits with about 120 test cases.

I can print a test suite using the “Print Suite” button and, but is it possible to print all the test cases in one clic ?

Regards,

Jerome

Hello Jerome,

Thanks for your posting. We usually recommend using just a few or even just one test suite, especially if you only have 120 test cases. TestRail 4.0 even introduced a new single-suite mode for this purpose:

http://blog.gurock.com/postings/introducing-testrail-4-0/2757/

(see “Suite Modes and Baselines”)

Regards,
Tobias

Ok thank you.

Is it possible to switch from “Use multiple test suites to manage cases” to “Use a single repository for all cases (recommended)” ?

Hello Jerome,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, this is supported. To do this, you would need to consolidate all test suites into a single test suite (with the Copy/Move Test Cases dialog) and you can then simply switch the suite mode when editing the project. Please note that moving cases from one test suite or project to another will remove all test results in active test runs so you might consider closing your test runs & plans first. We can also recommend reviewing the one-suite mode with a new test project first (this option can be turned on/off per project).

I hope this helps and please let me know in case you have any further questions!

Regards,
Tobias