Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our
blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Plugin "Jira_REST returned an error code (301)

I connected my JIRA and Test Rail integration and when I try to Push a defect to JIRA from Test Rail I receive the following Error.

Plugin “Jira_REST” returned an error: Invalid HTTP code (301). Please verify the address of your JIRA installation in the configuration settings and that TestRail can reach your JIRA Server.

I can see the TestRail add on in the JIRA top menu bar. I have the TestRail drop down arrow and when I click on Go to TestRail the interface is working fine. I’m taken to the TestRail Dashoard.

My problem is happening when I try to push a defect from TestRail into JIRA the error is displayed in a pop up window.

I check my JIRA URL and its the same as one thats in the integration configuration. I’m not sure why its not working.

Hello Darren,

Thanks for your post! The issue is likely with either an incorrect JIRA address entered in the integration settings within TestRail (under Administration > Integration), or just a separate integration error. Can you send a screenshot of your Administration > Integration page (the full page please including the navigation menu above) directly via email to contact@gurock.com? We can then review this and troubleshoot the issue.

I look forward to your email!

Regards,
Marco