Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Placing trigger script into instance

From the documentation here:

The trigger script ( trigger.php ) needs to be placed into TestRail’s installation directory on the web server next to TestRail’s index.php file.

We have a TestRail instance hosted by you. How can I add that trigger script into my instance so I could call it from the custom UI script?

you cannot - you need to integrate the scripts via the UI yourself. like http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-custom/uiscripts-introduction.

I assume that means that the trigger.php script is then actually hosted on your machine, while the ui script is then in the cloud instance

According to what I see in the documentation:

trigger script ( trigger.php ) needs to be placed into TestRail’s installation directory on the web server next to TestRail’s index.php file.

Thus, I am just asking how.

Initially, I was trying to call some other endpoints directly from UI scripts, but I faced the wall of Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS). That’s why I am trying to change the approach by moving this logic into the internal script.