Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Ordering of configurations

Is there a way of ordering the configuration list in a test plan? Our reason for this is to prioritise them and have them displayed in this order in the test plan. The only way I can see to do this, is to number them because they are automatically displayed in numerical and alpabetical order. There are a couple of problems with this:

• if I am selecting only certain configurations in a given test plan, the numbers are then not consecutive.
  • if I edit the list and change the priority, I have to re-number them all.

If this ordering does not exist, please can this feature be considered?

A whopping +1 vote for this please! We’re doing priority based testing (with priorities also based on configurations) and would like to order configurations so that testers can work from the top down within a test plan.

Hi Christine,

Thank you for posting! It is not currently possible to manually set the order of the configurations in a test plan so that these are ordered based on priority. That said, we are happy to review adding support for this in a future update. I have added your vote to our existing feature request for this so that our product managers can prioritize this accordingly. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide a specific timeframe/ETA for this yet.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
John