Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Null is returning in the case_id field

Hello Team,
When I hit ‘get_tests’ api I got a list of tests. Some of them has case_id as null. I verified the same in the testrail application by searching the particular run_id.
Not sure why it is happened. Kindly help me for any possible solutions for this.

Thanks and regards
Vinod

0 Likes

HI Vinod,

Thanks for the post! If the ‘get_tests’ method returns ‘null’ for a case_id with some tests, then this would indicate the original cases used for those tests was deleted from your project or test suite.

This should also only happen if the test run is marked as completed, as deleting the test cases would have removed the corresponding tests from test run if the test run was open at the time.

If this is not the cause of the null values, please send us an email to contact@gurock.com with the output of the ‘get_tests’ method along with the ‘get_run’ method for the same test run.

Thanks!

0 Likes

Hello Mr Jon Reynolds,

Thank you very much for the info. I will check with the team and get back if they did not delete the test cases from project or test suite.

Thank you very much for the info.

Thanks and regards

Vinod.

0 Likes