Subscribe Join 180,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security. Subscribe

Not receiving email communications from testrail for password reset

I cannot get anyone to respond to my contact inquiries : I have tried to reset my password through the UI several times and the reset isn’t coming into my inbox after a successful reset message. I was able to set this account up for the forum, can anyone from testrail help me out with this?

Several questions come to mind:

! . Server or cloud version of Test Rail?
2. Are you an Admin of the Test Rial instance?

• Have you checked the email set up in the Admin tab?
  • Have you tested the functionality in the Admin tab?
  • If you are not an Admin - have you had an Admin check out the the above 2 things?
  1. Can anyone else in the business get emails?
  2. Are you doing this with the “Forgot Password” link on the login page?
  3. I assume you have checked the spam folders etc…

See my comments in bold
1 . Server or cloud version of Test Rail?
Cloud
2. Are you an Admin of the Test Rail instance?
Yes

• Have you checked the email set up in the Admin tab?
    I cannot login to see the admin tab
  • Have you tested the functionality in the Admin tab?
    I cannot login to see the admin tab
  • If you are not an Admin - have you had an Admin check out the the above 2 things?
    I’m the only admin on the account
  1. Can anyone else in the business get emails?
    Yes the emails from the discussion board and promotions are going through without issue
  2. Are you doing this with the “Forgot Password” link on the login page?
    Yes
  3. I assume you have checked the spam folders etc…
    For sure - there is nothing from our email provider that is filtering out messages

This is for any other tester to reset their account password - forums and promotions are not done thru the Test Rail instance. If others can get their reset email then the setup in TR is ok and it is something with your email account. If they don’t get an email then it is potentially more of a setup issue.

I am also assuming you did actually forget the password and not just resetting it to reset it - correct?

Yes I will have the 1 other account try a password reset to see if he can get the email.

I 100% forgot the password, the information didn’t store to my browser after I saved the login information.

1 Like

I am on an older version of Test Rail and it works ok for me and I need to try and get my test environment up to date so I can see if it is an issue in the newest version. Thought I would think we would be seeing far more threads about that functionality.

However - there are several folks at Gurock that respond in the forums - like @vtran @jon.reynolds or @shanu.mandot who should be able to help.

I had my other contact try it - same result : no email is making it to our inbox for password reset

Just as a last question… You are not trying to reset the password here:

correct?

Make note of the URL…

No I’m doing it on our instance of testrail - not the above link

https://COMPANY.testrail.io/index.php?/auth/forgot_password

Thanks - just wanted to make sure as I am not getting emails from Gurock itself for my Gurock software account login. :slight_smile:

This is fixed now - out of the blue I got 2 emails to do a reset into my inbox. Thanks!

1 Like

@kkelley

Thanks for your post. We were notified of some issue regarding sending emails on our end but it’s great to hear, that you are able to reset the password now.

@BGanger Thanks for the help. Appreciate your active presence on the forum. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Shanu