Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.
 

Not able to see newly added section in test cases


#1

Hello Team,

I am using TestRail v5.1.0.3413.

I am facing a weird issue from past week, I am not able to see newly added section.(after refresh)

This issue is specific to my user id and a specific project only.(Lets call it Project 1)

The other users are able to see the section created by me in all projects, but I am not able to see the section created by me or others only in a Project 1.

But once i add test case to the newly added section(In Project 1) I am able to see the section and cases in it.

Steps to reproduce

1)Create a section


2)refresh screen and its gone

3)Add another section and add test case in it as well,

4)refresh the screen, its still getting displayed.

5)login with some other user id, both sections with and without cases are getting displayed

I have tried clearing cache, changing rights, permission etc but nothing works

for your reference I have provided snapshot of my user set up

my access in project

Permission granted to ‘Lead’ role

Could you please suggest what need to be done here

Regards,
Ankit Singhal


#2

Hello Ankit,

Thanks for your posting! Can you please try to clear the filter (just click on the Filter: None and then OK)? There’s a small known issue if you previously configured a section filter and this could be the case here.

Cheers,
Tobias


#3

Thanks Tobias,

It worked, but every time i refresh the screen I have to repeat the same, is there any fix or any other workaround?

Regards,
Ankit


#4

Hello Ankit,

Can you please try to set a full filter then (e.g. Priority) and then clear it afterwards?

Cheers,
Tobias


#5

Setting up a full filter did not work as it still does not display folders which does not have any cases in it(as the filter would apply on the cases and not folders)

Regards,
Ankit


#6

Hello Ankit,

Thanks for the additional details. Do you use a TestRail Cloud instance (testrail.com/.net)? If so, it would be great if you could send a quick email to contact@gurock.com and we are happy to review this on our side.

Cheers,
Tobias


#7

Thanks for quick turn around, I am using server instance.

Regards,
Ankit SInghal


#8

Hello Ankit,

We reviewed this in detail and this is likely a small issue with the filter. Can you please try again to set a new filter and then clear the filter afterwards? Just click on the filter and select a priority, for example:

Then clear the filter by clicking on the little red X icon:

Cheers,
Tobias


#9

Thanks Tobias, It works !

We will use this workaround for now, but are you planning a proper fix for this.

Regards,
Ankit SInghal


#10

Hello Ankit,

Thanks for the confirmation! This should be permanently fixed once you fully cleared the filter but we will make sure to review this on our side again and prevent/fix this behavior with a future version. Thanks again for reporting this!

Cheers,
Tobias


#11

Great Post. I faced the exact same situation on my side today and was about to post here about it. I have applied the proposed workaround and it resolved the situation on my side too.

Thanks.


#12

Thanks for your reply Tobias, looking Forward for future release.

Regards,
Ankit SInghal


#13

You are welcome, Ankit, and thanks again for reporting this issue!

Cheers,
Tobias