Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Milestones are randomly ordered

Hello
I post this here because i did not receive any answer from the support.

We found a strange thing in our TestRail instance. The milestones are not ordered by name as it said in this discussion by Tobias Gurock Ordering Milestone by CreationDate/Title
“Active milestones are ordered by their due date, if available, and their name otherwise”

That not the case in our instance, we have no due date for our milestones and the order is totally random and change after each refresh of the page, that’s pretty annoying when we have a lot of milestones.

Here are screenshots of that “bug” in our testRail

Thanks for your help
Regards
Kiéran

I got no answers from the support (I sent the mail last week and an other one beginning of this week and nothing)

Is it possible to have an update on this please ? We will have a lot of milstone in the future and this is very annoying for us.

Thanks

update for this case please ? (3 weeks and no answers from the support by mail) :slightly_frowning_face:

Hi Kiéran,

Thank you for reaching out and apologies for the delay in response! Milestones should be sorted by their name if no due date is present and we’re currently looking into this. Please keep an eye out for an email response from our support team today.

Best Regards,
David