Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Milestone tracking request

Hello,

This is an enhancement request to add something that will track milestone progress against a milestone due date.

Right now, you can assign a due date to a milestone, and you can view the progress of the test runs within the milestone. If you’re using estimates, you get a forecast

But there seems to be no connection between the progress info and the milestone info.

It would be nice to have something in the milestone pages to let you know quickly that the anticipated work completion date is not going to meet the due date.

Thanks,

Jan Fincher

Hello Jan,

Thanks for your posting and the suggestion, I agree that this would be useful to have. We haven’t thought about this before but this certainly makes sense (showing a message if the milestone won’t make the due date or that the milestone is on time, for example). I’ve added this as a feature request list and we will look into it for a future version, thanks again.

Regards,
Tobias

Just upgraded to JIRA 5.3 and it looks like functionality has been added that covers this. YAY!!!

I see now on the Progress tab for a milestone that a message is displayed at the top if the projected completion date is after the milestone due date.

Thank you.

Thank you for the feedback. We are glad you like this.