Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Milestone filtering for Test Runs

I noticed that there was a plan about a year ago to add the ability to create a Test Run based on filtering the milestones. Was this ever implemented?

Also, it seems as if the Milestone field on the test cases is simply for show at the moment. Is this the case? We have various issues that get entered and then assigned to a release (milestone), and it would be nice if they were tied to the Milestone page somehow…currently this page only shows Test Runs that are tied to a milestone, and individual test cases are not.

Why does add_case have milestone_id attribute?

Hello,

Thanks for your posting. We don’t yet have the mentioned test case selection filter for test runs, but this is coming. It’s correct that the milestone field is currently only used for informational purposes. We would like to use this field to highlight the milestone a test case was added for, but it’s likely that we will change this field to a custom field in a future update.

Thanks,
Dennis

Thanks for the quick response Dennis!

I was wondering if it would be possible to maybe add this information to the Milestone page so that you can see everything that is attached to a Test Run for that Milestone, or you could see all Test Cases that are tied to a Milestone. I know for us, this would be a huge addition. Then we could use it to truly track our work items without trying to go through and figure out wat release an item should be in and build a test plan for those items. Does that make sense? I’d be more than happy to show you what I am talking about over Skype or something if you would like as well.

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback. Sure, I would be happy to take a look at this via Skype or Webex. Feel free to email me directly to arrange a date/time for this: dg at gurock dot com

Thanks,
Dennis