Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our
blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Migrating from ReqTest to Test Rail

Hi,

I want to migrate from ReqTest to Test Rail using a CSV file. However when the CSV is imported i cannot get multiple test steps and expected results to be included into one test case (script).

Any help will be appreciated.

Hi Jasraaj,

Thanks for your posting. There are two different ways to import steps & expected results. You can import them each to a single text field with the Test Case (Text) template, or use the separate steps control:

For the separate steps, your CSV file needs to use a multi-line layout for the steps. I.e. a test case should be split across multiple rows in the CSV file, with each step/expected result on a different line. You can then import your cases by using the “Test cases use multiple rows” option on the second wizard step:

http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-userguide/howto-import-csv#column_mapping

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Tobias

Hi,

is there anyway to format the csv to make it multi row as there is alot of test cases i will be importing?

Thanks

Hi Jasraaj,

Thanks for your reply. One option is to change the CSV file before importing it but this would be independent of TestRail (e.g. change the single-row layout with multi-steps cells into a multi-row CSV file). Another option is to use ReqTest’s API (if available) and generate a custom CSV file (or use TestRail’s API for the import).

Cheers,
Tobias