Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Make the Python API code compliant with PEP 8 and PEP 257

I’ve raised two PRs against the gurock/testrail-api repo on GIthub, both to improve compliance with PEP 8 and PEP 257. The first was raised in July 2015 and closed in June 2019 without being merged as the API code had been refactored. I raised the second on 8 June 2019 and have had no response at all.

The purpose of mentioning this is to publicise the lack of response to my PRs, raised in good faith as an attempt to improve the Python API support, and to encourage @tgurock to engage with those of us who raise such PRs against the open-source components of TestRail.

Hi Allan,

Thanks for the post and for getting our attention on the pull request. I have merged your PR for the Python bindings.

We appreciate your contributions!
Jon

Thanks, @jon.reynolds!

We appreciate your contributions!

Do I take it that you’re committing (excuse the pun) to review future PRs more quickly?

Hi Allan,

We’ll work to keep an eye on pull requests for the GitHub repositories. Since the bindings have historically required very little maintenance or updates, the best way to draw our attention to these requests would be to send a follow-up email to contact@gurock.com.

Regards,
Jon

Thanks, @jon.reynolds - if that’s the official policy, can you please publish it somewhere so others are aware?
However, you’re putting the burden on people who are trying to be helpful: why not configure your Github org to forward emails about pull requests to an appropriate email address instead?