Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Linking a test case created in TestRail to a jira (Cloud) ticket

Hi All,

We are using jira cloud and I am trailing TestRail.

I have some test cases set up in TestRail and i would now like to link them to a jira ticket. I am using the latest jira plugin.

I can see in my jira ticket that I have a button to add a test case but this takes me to the TestRail form to create a new test case, I would like to add a test case that is already in Test Rail.

Any help on this would be much appreciated!, I am probably missing something really obvious!

Many thanks

Jules

Hi Jules,

Thanks for your posting! It seems that you already set up the integration, so you can simply link existing test cases via the References field in TestRail (just add one or more issue IDs). A good introduction can also be found here:

http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-integration/references-introduction

Test cases linked via the References field will appear in the TestRail: Test Cases panel in JIRA and results for those test case in TestRail: Test Results:

Cheers,
Tobias

Great!, its working for me now, many thanks for the quick response!

That’s great to hear, Jules, happy to help :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Tobias

For the above query by Jules, you suggested her for simply link existing test cases via the References field in TestRail (just add one or more issue IDs).

Can you just elaborate it more how to add one or more issue IDs via the References field. If possible please provide the screenshot.

Actually, we also had integrated the trailing testrail in our Jira cloud and facing the same problem of linking the already created test suites in Testrail to Jira Task.

When clicked on Add test case button it redirects to Testrail form to create a new test case. What we actually want is to link the test suites already created in Testrail to jira task and then add them to Test runs.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Robin

Hi Robinson,

Thanks for your post! It looks like we answered this via the e-mail you sent in earlier already. Just let us know if you have any further questions and you can also feel free to reply directly to the e-mail.

Regards,
Marco