Yes, I am excited about the principle workflow to use:
- Multiple TestSuites for features/thematical areas - split in Sections for Test Case-Hierarchy
- Define Milestones according to the delivery plan
- Generate Testplans and assign milestones to those testplans
- Assign TestSuites (Testcases) to a Testplan - using Configurations: TestRuns are generated automatically
- Carry out the tests
- Close the Testplan: Tests and results are archived - Report of this archived data any time possible.
BUT THERE IS NO OPTION TO MAKE A FREEZE OF THE TESTCASES AT THAT POINT IN TIME.
TESTCASES CAN BE FURTHER AMENDED. When a rerun of a Closed TestPlan is carried out, the latest version of the testcases are displayed/used.
Now, I thought to make a copy of the TestSuite, add a “version”-name and make this Testsuite READ-ONLY but from what I have seen access rights can only be amended on Project Level and not on TestSuite Level.
Am I missing something? How do other customers deal with this?