Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

JIRA_REST Error Help

I keep getting this JIRA_REST ERROR when trying to push to JIRA please help

Hi,
This issue is predominantly due to the setup under Administration -> Integrations.
Please check if the correct URL, Username and token are used.

Hi sriley93,

Yes, SathishV is correct. The 401 error is provided directly from JIRA and would usually indicate either an invalid username/password combination or a lack of permissions in JIRA for what this user is attempting to access. This can also sometimes be an issue with the integration settings you have configured.

If your team is using Jira cloud and SSO or another authentication method, Atlassian has made recent security changes to Jira which require using tokens instead of passwords. Please try creating an API token for your Atlassian account and enter this as your Jira Password in TestRail under ‘My Settings.’ You can create an API token here:

https://id.atlassian.com/manage/api-tokens

This will help us to troubleshoot the issue and determine the cause. Let me know if you have any other questions for the moment and I’ll be looking forward to your reply.