Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Jira post function not firing upon push ticket

I have a post function setup on my create issues step on a project in Jira which updates the issue after it is created. When I push a new defect from a test result into Jira it creates the ticket for me in the correct Jira project but it does not fire off my post function from Jira. Which means that the correct people are not getting assigned as watchers and no one is being notified that the tickets are being opened. Is this a by product of TestRail using the Jira API? Does creating a ticket via the Jira API not trigger and post functions to update the ticket as would be the case if I created the ticket directly in Jira?

Thanks,
-Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your posting. Is the post function an official feature of API or by a plugin/add-on? I would be surprised if the JIRA API wouldn’t support this. Could you contact the JIRA/Atlassian support to see if they may be able to provide more information? TestRail simply uses the standard REST API of JIRA to add new issues.

Cheers,
Tobias

Tobias,

thanks for the reply. It turns out it was entirely user error. The post function hook was not setup correctly. Sorry about that. Everything is working fine.

thanks,
-Jeff

Hi Jeff,

No problem, great to hear it works now!

Cheers,
Tobias