Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our
blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Jira Integration - Show current result

In the midst of evaluating different Test Management platforms and so far TestRail blows the others out of the water. I do have one enhancement request. In the current plugin the Test Results show all results after they are added regardless if it’s part of the same test run or not. While you can expand the result to see the related results, it would be nice to start with the current status and be able to expand to see the rest. If you are using multiple configurations, this would make it easier to differentiate the status of each configuration without expanding each result.

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your post and for providing feedback! The Results section of the TestRail for JIRA add-on would currently always show all related results of the test cases linked to the JIRA issue, and the top most result would be the most recent result. This is helpful as most teams would usually need to see additional context as to why a test may have passed/failed in a previous run or other active runs. That said, we’re also happy to review adding some additional filtering options to the results section for a future update to TestRail.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Marco

I would vote for this kind of feature, because if there are few runs of each referenced TCs to the story - there will be a lot of hard times to find the actual one.

Volodia

Agree with “so far TestRail blows the others out of the water” totally)

Hey Volodia,

I have added your vote. Also, thank you for the kind words. We are so glad that our customers think that TestRail blows others out of the water!! :slight_smile: