Subscribe Join 180,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security. Subscribe

Jira Integration Push Error

We followed the instructions of setting up the integration in Jira due to the release yesterday but we still get this error whenever we attempt to push tickets from TestRail into Jira:

Plugin “Jira_Cloud_REST” returned an error: Invalid HTTP code (404). Please verify the address of your JIRA installation in the configuration settings and that TestRail can reach your JIRA server.

1 Like

Hi @Lisa_CDS - I’ve mentioned in a response to our release announcement, that we suspect the issue is being caused by our createmeta Jira API endpoint change:

The defect plugin for Jira no longer uses the createmeta API endpoint : Jira will be deprecating use of the createmeta API endpoint when Jira 9.0 is released. We have updated the defect plugin for Jira to ensure it no longer uses this unsupported endpoint.

A patch will likely be required to fix the issue longer-term, but you should be able to workaround it in the meantime by disabling any custom fields being used in the Jira defect plugin configuration.

We’re investigating the issue still, but if you can try that and let us know how you get on, it would help us out quite a bit! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Simon

@sjpknight I just disabled the custom fields and that did correct the error.

How long do you expect a patch will take as not having the ability to use custom fields will create more work for my whole team in the long run - having to add all their tickets and then go into Jira and bulk update them?

Thanks for your assistance!

We are having the same issue.
I’ve disabled the custom field for the Push integration, but this is not a good solution for us.
We use a custom field to classify defects raised and having to go into Jira to update this one field makes the integration much less useful. :slightly_frowning_face:

Yep. I agree with @lcavern. I also removed the custom fields in the Push integration settings. But I got so many negative reactions from our end-users.

Can you please give us an update on the patch or permanent fix? @sjpknight Simon, please.

Regards,

I agree with all comments. For us this has stopped us dead in our tracks. We have a custom field that is also a required field in Jira so the Push process is now completely broken for us. We have 110+ users of testrail that now cannot push defects to Jira directly which makes the entire integration between the two a jumbled mess. The workaround of just removing the custom fields from the push is not viable for us, and I’m sure we’re not the only customer.

Can you give us any update on when this will be fixed?

Hi Simon,

our organisation is impacted in the ways described by previous posters and the work around is a non starter for our various projects that were relying on the TestRail / Jira push integration - we use custom fields on regularly on a mandatory basis.

When can we expect an update on progress of the hotfix ?

Thanks,

matt

@chaberman, @doughtm1966, @ydlazkov - very, very soon. Hopefully today. Apologies again for the inconvenience. :frowning:

Fix deployed in our 6.3.1 release.

Cheers,
Simon

Hi Simon & Gurock. After a first test, the fix looks good - I can now push a defect to our Jira, including Custom Fields.

Good turn around on the fix.

Thanks,

matt

1 Like

Thanks @sjpknight.
I’ve tested it. Working as expected.
Cheers, mate.

Tested and working here as well. :100:
Thanks @sjpknight and the team in Gurock for turning this around for us!

Thank you! Working great for the team again!