Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Jira integration gone wrong

Good day,

At work we use testrail in different projects. One project uses a different instance of Jira than the other projects. I have tried to integrate this by using the following:

user=%jira_user%
password=%jira_password%

For our regular project this works, however, for the project with the different Jira instance we get an error. I am probably doing something wrong, but can not figure out what.
The error I get is the following:

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Of course, username and password for one user are not identical for both instances of Jira, which makes things difficult.

Best,
Annemarie

Hi Annemarie,

Thanks for your posting! If you integrate with multiple JIRA instances with different users/passwords, you would need to add multiple variables for this. For example, one instance could use %jira_user% and %jira_password% and the others could use %jira_user2% and %jira_password2%. You can add such variables on the Administration > Integration page (the Configure JIRA Integration button adds the first two variables automatically for you):

http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-integration/defects-plugins-variables

You would then see the four variables on My Settings page per user. For the projects in TestRail that reference the second JIRA instance, you would need to override the configuration under Administration > Projects > edit the project > Integration and reference the %jira_user2% and %jira_password2% variables instead.

I hope this helps but please let me know in case you have anything is unclear.

Cheers,
Tobias

Thanks Tobias,

I tried your solution, but somehow it still does not work. I can use the Add function in the test results, but not the push function. I am now assuming this is due to some security rulesfrom this instance of Jira. If you have any other suggestions, please let me know.

Best,
Annemarie

Hi Annemarie,

Can you post a screenshot of the error message you see as well as your configuration under Administration > Integration? You can also send this to contact@gurock.com via email if you prefer this.

Cheers,
Tobias