Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our
blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

JIRA gadgets for TestRail

BTW - When I look at the XML generated files on my gadget server they are populated with Data from my TestRail - so the Gadgat server <–> Testrail connectivity is OK.

The issue is with my Jira server that still shows the “Unable to retrieve the list of statuses”

The following works from Firefox or Chrome, but for me the output is easier to read in Chrome …

1. From your Chrome browser open the JIRA page with the gadget.
  2. Type Ctrl-Shift-J to open the developer console
  3. Select the Console tab in the developer console
  4. Refresh the browser page

There will possibly be an error message, usually in red text.

Your are trying to create a ToggleBlock with selector ‘.twixi’.One already exists with this trigger so has been ignored.
init @ batch.js?locale=en-US:2423
Class @ batch.js?locale=en-US:403
initToggleBlocks @ batch.js?locale=en-US:2429
(anonymous) @ batch.js?locale=en-US:2429
j @ batch.js?locale=en-US:30
fireWith @ batch.js?locale=en-US:32
ready @ batch.js?locale=en-US:20
P @ batch.js?locale=en-US:29
batch.js?locale=en-US:2423 Your are trying to create a ToggleBlock with selector ‘.toggle-trigger’.One already exists with this trigger so has been ignored.
batch.js?locale=en-US:2423 Your are trying to create a ToggleBlock with selector ‘.toggle-trigger’.One already exists with this trigger so has been ignored.
batch.js?locale=en-US:321 DEPRECATED: please remove all uses of AJS.warnAboutFirebug
batch.js?locale=en-US&isAdmin=true:12 Security tokens will be refreshed every 720000ms

No errors only warnings…

One other thing … can you try that curl command from your JIRA server?

Same result from both Jira and Gadget server for the curl…

By same result I mean it’s working as expected. response is recived

Ok, I don’t want to overtake the Gurock’s board for this, since this is a 3rd party gadget, so could you go to https://github.com/zenoss/testrail-jira-gadgets/issues and create an issue for this. When you do, could you attach the XML file for this gadget? Thanks.

Opened. Thanks @donalaya !

Forgot to mention that the problem above was due to a documentation issue, which has been fixed. Also, @rmoshe found a couple of additional code problems that have also been fixed. See https://github.com/zenoss/testrail-jira-gadgets for the latest updates.

Hello,

These gadgets looks really nice and we have installed it on Apache server which is accessible from JIRA instance. After adding the config on the JIRA server, we are able to add the the gadgets but the edit button does not do anything and it is not fetching any data. We checked that proper smlis getting generated on the web server with the right data from Testrail. Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Vijay

In your browser open the Developer or Browser Console (Ctrl-Shift-J). (I prefer Chrome because it’s a little easier to read.) Reload the page with the gadgets. Any errors will be listed in the console with red text. Please go to https://github.com/zenoss/testrail-jira-gadgets/issues, open a new issue, and put the error message in there.

Thanks.

Is there a way to install this gadgets on webserver and call them using iframe or html as JIRA Cloud does not allow to add the custom gadgets. I would like to use for reporting on a dashboard.

Thanks

If there is I don’t know how.