The JIRA gadgets for TestRail source code has been released open source (https://github.com/zenoss/testrail-jira-gadgets). A few notes:
- All active statuses and their colors are pulled from the TestRail server (using the API)
- Custom statuses are handled
- Since the gadgets are standalone rather than a plugin, installation and configuration are manual
- The standalone gadgets don’t do dynamic dropdowns, so Perl scripts were created to periodically update the XML files with the current active projects, test plans, etc.
- The gadgets do not automatically refresh; refresh occurs any time the browser page is refreshed. Also, if the browser is resized or the dashboard layout changed then the browser must be refreshed to resize the gadget. JIRA also caches the requests so updates in TestRail are not immediately displayed in the gadget. (The delay is 1-2 hours, unless the cache is cleared.)
- Access to the TestRail server is required to install the files
- JIRA administrator access is required to add the gadgets to the gadget directory
- As noted in the license, the software is distributed on an “AS IS” basis, without warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied.
See the link above for installation instructions (INSTALL.md).
Here are two screenshots. They both are using a couple of custom statuses for example purposes, and both show the popup information when you mouse over the chart data.