Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our
blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Jira and Test rail Intergation

Hi,

I had a custom field(XYZ) in Jira.which is a dropdown with some values.

From test run, i tried to push the details to Jira, I configured the custom field like below.

customfield_21851=on
[push.field.customfield_11454]
label=Account
size=compact
type=dropdown
required=true

while pushing, Custom field is showing up but the values are not populating and it is not allowing to select.

If that’s a direct cut-n-paste the custom field numbers don’t match (21851 vs. 11454) and they should.

my bad.Both are same.

customfield_21851=on
[push.field.customfield_21851]
label=Account
size=compact
type=dropdown
required=true

Why values are not populating into the field to select a value.

Hi Raghu,

Thanks for your posting. Please make sure that the ID you configured in TestRail matches the custom field ID in JIRA. You can find out the ID by editing/opening the custom field in JIRA’s administration area (the ID is then part of the URL).

Cheers,
Tobias

Thanks tgurock.

My JIRA and Test rail ID’s are matching however, Values are not populating. Is there anything related to dependent fields?

Hi Raghu,

Thanks for your reply! Could you please send us a screenshot via email to contact@gurock.com with your JIRA configuration in TestRail (with possible passwords removed) and the custom field configuration in JIRA? Please make sure that the ID of the custom field is visible on the JIRA screenshot.

Cheers,
Tobias

Hi Tobias,
I have similar issue as Raghu.
Custom field in JIRA is Select List (single choice), ID and config is correct in TestRail but values don’t display and “list” is empty.
Have you managed to resolve this?
Thank you
Jan

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your posting. Can you send a few screenshots (of your configuration in TestRail and custom fields in JIRA) to our help desk at contact@gurock.com? Happy to review this and Select List field types should be supported.

Cheers,
Tobias