Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Is there any way to clone a project?

Can I create a new project according to an existing project?

I can customize different view for test case (e.g. different column) in different project.
If I can create a new project according to an existing project then I needn’t to customize it again.

Thanks.

Alston

Hello Alston,

Thanks for your posting. Cloning an entire project is currently not supported but it’s already planned to make it easier to configure the column configuration for multiple users as well as projects. If you also want to clone/copy test cases, you can use the Copy/Move Test Cases dialog for this (can be opened on the test suite/test cases page via the icon with two sheets of paper in the toolbar):

Regards,
Tobias

[quote=tgurock]Hello Alston,

Thanks for your posting. Cloning an entire project is currently not supported but it’s already planned to make it easier to configure the column configuration for multiple users as well as projects. If you also want to clone/copy test cases, you can use the Copy/Move Test Cases dialog for this (can be opened on the test suite/test cases page via the icon with two sheets of paper in the toolbar):

Regards,
Tobias[/quote]

Hello Tobias,

Thanks for your reply.
I know how to clone/move test cases from other projects.
But this is not what I am looking for.
The reason that I need to clone a project is that we might customize the project (e.g. case layout, different test case custom fields, and we might need more than one template. so default project setting could not work in this case)
I have to change the layout of case whenever I create a new project.

Thanks.

Hello Alston,

Thanks for your reply. I cannot see the screenshot (probably a permission thing by Evernote). Do you mean changing the custom fields or custom field values per project?

Regards,
Tobias