Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Is it possible to export "Test Runs & Results" reports

We are trying to export the reports on the Test Runs & Results tab into a format that we can share with outside of Testrail.

For example, on the Test Runs & Results page the default report / graph is Status there are also Activity, Progress and Defects graphs. Our team leads want to be able to export these reports / graphs to share with their managers in a different medium i.e., spreadsheet, email, …

Do you have a method for exporting these graphs?

thanks,
-reagan

Hi Reagan,

Thanks for your posting. We recommend the reports from the Reports tab in this case and the Summary > Runs report is very similar to the Status/Activity/Progress pages. You can also send emails with these reports directly from TestRail or create scheduled reports that are automatically generated on a recurring basis:

Cheers,
Tobias

Hi Tobias,

thanks for the suggestion!

Unfortunately this reporting feature does not give us exactly what we are after. We were hoping for a way of generating self contained reports with graphs embedded that we can share with users that do not have access to Testrails. The ideal format would be a PDF with embedded graphs / charts.

Is something like this on your roadmap? I would be surprised if we were the only users that are looking for this type of feature.

thanks,
-reagan

Hi Reagan,

Thanks for your reply. The reports also support this and you can download a self-contained package by clicking on the green arrow icon when viewing a report. You can also send a report via email from TestRail’s UI (to TestRail users or external people with no access) or when the report was generated (with the notification options on the report form). The self-contained packages are in ZIP format with the HTML/JS/CSS so they look exactly the same as in the UI and you would need to extract the ZIP and then open the index.html.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Tobias