Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Integration with Jira Server Version

Hello, there is one question that I would like to make sure.

Currently, I am using trial (cloud) version of Testrail, and I was able to integrate Testrail with JIRA (currently using cloud version). In addition, The integration between JIRA and TestRail was successful. Here’s my question, if I want to integrate server version (licensed) of JIRA with the licensed server version of Testrail, will the connection (integration) be successful? I mean will there be any restrictions that will result in unsuccessful integration?

I will wait for your response.

Thank you

Hello Jeff,

Thanks for your posting. Yes, the integration would work as well in this case. TestRail is one of the few test management tools that integrates with both JIRA Server as well as JIRA Cloud. As long as TestRail can access the JIRA server/JIRA’s API, the Push and Lookup integration would be fully supported. The simpler link-based integration doesn’t even require a direct connection and would work even if your JIRA installation would not be accessible from TestRail.

I hope this helps and please let me know in case anything is unclear or if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Tobias