Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Integrate Test rail test cases with Jira

Thanks Jacob!!

Many thanks for ur response and time!

I have made the changes as mentioned in ur response! I am wanting to wrk on one project but the warning message shows for 2 projects!!

I have made changes in the one which I need the integration of test cases into Jira!! But I am unable to see them on Jira!!

1. Do I need to make changes on the other project too!
  2. Is there anything that I need to set up in Jira

I get the error message 'Plugin ‘Jira_rest returned an error:Invalid user or password or insufficient permissions for the inegration user (HTTP CODE 401) …’

Thanks,

Saras!!

0 Likes

Hi Saras,

Thanks for getting back to me and creating a new thread! This sounds like there are some possible issues with the configuration of the Jira defect plugin, and I’d like to get some more details. Can you please reach out directly to the support team at contact@gurock.com, and if possible please include a screenshot of the Administration > Integration page so we can get a good idea of your current set up and help with getting things working properly. Thanks!

0 Likes

Hi Jacob,

I have posted the snapshots to support team. Looking forward for the resposne. 

Thanks!!

0 Likes

Hi Jacob!!

I had actually sent the snapshot to the contact us support email and its been more than a week and am awaiting response. Please kindly help me with Test rail integration with Jira
0 Likes

Hi Saras,

I received your email and sent a reply back to you. Can you check to make sure it was not misfiled as spam or in another inbox? I’ll resend it just in case so we can continue our conversation there.

0 Likes

Hi Jacob,

Many thanks for your response. Now when i hover the reference in testrail i can see the jira details which is great.  But kindly can you help me out with vice-versa scenario that is i want to see the linked test cases for a user story in Jira (which appears in right hand panel of a user story in jira) that is what i am wanting for.

IS there any changes / settings that is needed for this?

Thanks,
Saras,

0 Likes

Thanks a lotttt for ur response and time. its now finally working!!! Thankssss

0 Likes