Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Installing on Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS

Hello!
i am trying installing testrail on ubuntu. Install all by this manual.

But when i start

i can’t choose Driver version.
Plz help me solve this problem.
Tnx!

Addition:
sql: mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.7.25, for Linux (x86_64) using EditLine wrapper

When i try get php version i take this error:

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘mysqli.so’ (tried: /usr/lib/php/20170718/mysqli.so (/usr/lib/php/20170718/mysqli.so: undefined symbol: mysqlnd_global_stats), /usr/lib/php/20170718/mysqli.so.so (/usr/lib/php/20170718/mysqli.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘pdo_mysql.so’ (tried: /usr/lib/php/20170718/pdo_mysql.so (/usr/lib/php/20170718/pdo_mysql.so: undefined symbol: mysqlnd_get_client_info), /usr/lib/php/20170718/pdo_mysql.so.so (/usr/lib/php/20170718/pdo_mysql.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
PHP 7.2.15-1+ubuntu16.04.1+deb.sury.org+1 (cli) (built: Feb 8 2019 15:37:29) ( NTS )
Copyright © 1997-2018 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.2.0, Copyright © 1998-2018 Zend Technologies
with the ionCube PHP Loader (enabled) + Intrusion Protection from ioncube24.com (unconfigured) v10.3.2, Copyright © 2002-2018, by ionCube Ltd.
with Zend OPcache v7.2.15-1+ubuntu16.04.1+deb.sury.org+1, Copyright © 1999-2018, by Zend Technologies

Hi Georgiy,

Thanks for the post! The error you are receiving indicates there is an issue with the dependencies required for TestRail.

As you have discovered when trying to get your PHP version, there was an error loading a couple of modules (mysqli.so and pdo_mysql.so). Based on this error you would just need to download/install the necessary requirements as mentioned in our installation requirements and guide:

http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-admin/installation-unix

I would just recommend following our installation guide step-by-step, and making sure that you also install your PHP version equivalents to the packages mentioned in the installation guide.

Hope this helps!
Jon

i understand that. i di not install some thing whats needed, but i can’t understand what is it from this manual

Hi Georgiy,

It is possible the mysqli.so and pdo_mysql.so files are available, but are simply not enabled in your php.ini file. Please review your php.ini file to see if the following lines are commented out:

extension=mysqli.so
extension=pdo_mysql.so

If this does not help, and so we can help you troubleshoot this further, can you send an email to contact@gurock.com with the output of phpinfo? (Please do not post this output in the forum.)

http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-admin/howto-running-phpinfo

Thanks,
Jon

tnx, but i try this already. system can’t read it anyway. i delete all and start all again from begining.
wrote here in 20-30 minutes…

config mysql file

Step 2 (optional). In order for other computers on your network to view the server you have created, you must first edit the “Bind Address”. Begin by opening up Terminal to edit the my.cnf file.

gksudo gedit /etc/mysql/my.cnf

This file does not content string “bind-address=…”

Make changes in /etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/mysqld.cnf

Next problem:

root@ubuntu:/home/user# mysql -u root
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: NO)

i just do all step by step…

instruction is so old

What’s now replace this “libapache2-mod-auth-mysql”?

Hi

Thanks for the feedback! You may find this guide helpful instead, as the guide in our docs links to a different version of Ubuntu (the preview shows 18.04, but this guide is for Ubuntu 16.04):

Please keep in mind that you should follow the instructions for installing MySQL 5.x and not MariaDB.

I hope this guide is helpful,
Jon

i found problem. When i installed ioncube from “loader-wizard.php”, by following step by step, ioncube start working, but mysqli.so and pdo_mysql.so stop loading and shows errors when i type in console “php -v”

root@ubuntu:/etc/php/7.0/apache2# php -v
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/20151012/mysqli.so' - /usr/lib/php/20151012/mysqli.so: undefined symbol: mysqlnd_connect in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/20151012/pdo_mysql.so' - /usr/lib/php/20151012/pdo_mysql.so: undefined symbol: mysqlnd_connect in Unknown on line 0
PHP 7.0.33-0ubuntu0.16.04.1 (cli) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) 1997-2017 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.0.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2017 Zend Technologies
    with the ionCube PHP Loader (enabled) + Intrusion Protection from ioncube24.com (unconfigured) v10.3.2, Copyright (c) 2002-2018, by ionCube Ltd.
    with Zend OPcache v7.0.33-0ubuntu0.16.04.1, Copyright (c) 1999-2017, by Zend Technologies

HI Georgiy,

Thanks for the error details and I apologize for not catching this error previously. Based on information I could find, it appears this error message is due to the order of the modules being loaded by PHP. Please review your php.ini file to ensure mysqlnd is loaded before mysqli.

If this does not help, and so we can help you troubleshoot this further, can you send an email to contact@gurock.com with the output of phpinfo? (Please do not post this output in the forum.)

http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-admin/howto-running-phpinfo

Thanks,
Jon

Big tnx!
and now i find my error, i was not to make file copy but make copy of link to file, so i was making correction of mysqlnd.ini file, so that’s why error was appairs.

Continue installing…