Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Including defects summary in a Milestone report

Hey guys, just want to know if is there some way to include a kind of defects summary/index as a field or section of a Milestone report. I mean, it would be more useful to me than the list of test cases. Thanks!

Hello Javier,

Thanks for your posting. We usually recommend generating a separate Defects > Summary report for this (with the milestone scope configured on the Test Suites & Runs tab). An alternative would be to add the Defects and Defects All columns to the standard Summary > Milestone report (“Tests” tab, “Add Column” > “Defects” or “Defects All”).

I’ve also added a dedicated defects section for the summary reports to our feature request list, thank you!

Regards,
Tobias

@tgurock is there a possiblity you can merge defect summary into Milestone summary. Instead of sending two seperate reports to the team, we can send one.

When we send overal summary report, we mentioned the defectcts too for the failure test cases. So we will be very useful for us if we can get defect summary into milestone summary.

Thanks,
Soni