Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Import test cases with XML gives an error

Hi,

Currently we are struggling with importing test cases. Csv import doesn’t work for us as we are loosing test steps structure. We’ve tried XML import - I exported a test suite to XML and then I am trying to import it back to TestRail to another Project. However I’m getting an error: “Call to undefined function simplexml_load_string()”

Has anybody faced such an issue?

Our TestRail version v5.4.0.3659

Thanks a lot in advance,
Maria

Hi Maria,

Thanks for the post. Typically that would mean that the php-XML module is not installed on your server and/or enabled in the php.ini file. The installation process can vary depending on your hosting environment, so I wouldn’t be able to give specific instructions. For now, I would recommend reaching out to your IT team or server administrator for assistance in getting that working properly.

I hope that helps! If you have any further questions please reach out to the TestRail support team for assistance at contact@gurock.com.

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for your reply. Installing of php-XML module helped and we managed to import test suite as XML.

Many many thanks!
Maria