Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our
blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Images show broken link on new test cases

Two of our Testers created test cases on Friday (9Dec16) and the images in those test cases are now showing as broken links.

For example the link to https://janison.testrail.com/index.php?/attachments/get/5289 returns an error saying “The attachment does not exist or you do not have the permission to access it.” when I attempt to view it.

I have admin rights across all projects, so it’s not the problem reported earlier about copying test cases between projects (which, I am fairly certain that these test cases weren’t in any case).

None of the test cases created before 9Dec16 have this problem. And, it seems that I can see images in test cases created by me this morning.

Please advise what is causing this problem as soon as possible.

Hi @mpayne,

Thanks for your posting. We were making some internal changes to our infrastructure over the weekend (in particular storage) and attachments/reports added on Friday were still synchronizing to the new storage system. Synchronization is now finished for almost all instances and you should now see the attachments added on Friday.

Cheers,
Tobias

Hi Tobias,

The images are now visible again.

Many thanks,
Martin

Thanks for the confirmation, Martin!

Cheers,
Tobias