Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

Hyperlink Attachments

Guys,

I have a document, the content of which I want to make available to several Test cases. The only way that I can see to achieve the effect that I want, is to provide the document in the form of an attached Hyperlink.

I want to use a Hyperlink so that should the content of the document change, these changes will be accessible in the Test cases without any further Test case editing.

However, if there is another way to provide this capability, I am open to suggestion.

Can you provide me with some guidance as to the best way to achieve this outcome?

Regards

Ashley Long

If your company can set up a URL to host documents - it looks like there is a custom field you can add to the Case with a type of URL but your company would need to set up a server to host the documents via URL.

Thanks, that has been a great help!

Regards

Ashley Long

Systems Engineer Snr., Leidos BTS

Leidos

Leidos, Fusion 1, 1000 Parkway, Whiteley, Hampshire, PO15 7AA

O +44(0) 1489 568628 (Fusion)| M +44 (0) 7947 632715 E Ashley.v.long@leidos.com, Ashley Long On Lync

cid:image001.png@01D1F945.E311CFB0

This email and any attachments to it are intended only for the identified recipients. It may contain proprietary or otherwise legally protected information of Leidos. Any unauthorized use or disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete or otherwise destroy the email and all attachments immediately