Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

How to search for all test cases based on Priority?

How can I do a search for all test cases which has a priority = ‘4-Must Test’?

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your posting. You can group test cases by priority on a test suite page (via the dropdown in the sidebar) and thus see all your test cases of that suite grouped by priority. We also want to add a filtering feature for the test case selection to the next update. Other than that we would like to see this better supported via the built-in search in a future TestRail update.

Thanks,
Dennis

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for a quick replied. I am not seeing a drop down list in Test Suite page at all.

Thanks,
Dan

Hi Dan,

My apologies, I got this wrong and this is of course only available on the test run page at the moment. The next TestRail update will allow you to group/sort by columns (such as the test case priority) on the test suite page though.

Regards,
Dennis

Quick question regarding this.

I have 2 suites
Suite 1: Functional
Suite 2: Non functional

Containing alot of test cases, if I want to search for specific testcases (search by title ex. “As a customer I would like to…”)

Is there some way I can get the result based on a search in both suites at once, or can I only search in 1 suite at the time?

(Atm I cant see any other way than searching in one suite at the time)

Hello!

Thanks for your posting. You can search for the cases per test suite and the Title filter:

You would need to search both suites separately, or look into using the project search (but this is not limited to test cases only).

Cheers,
Tobias