Join 34,000+ subscribers and receive articles from our blog about software quality, testing, QA and security.

How to retrieve test case results history via API

is there a way via the API to get all the results of a specific test case? in the TR UI you can click on the History & Context tab to see all the results of a specific test case…is there a way to retrieve this same data via the API? in a previous search of the forum I found something about being able to access the MySQL database directly (read only) to access this data - that would work too.

Thanks,
Scott Dinn

You could not do it in single request via API. You need to get all test runs IDs first, and only after that get case execution results for all runs one by one with get_results_for_case API command.

http://docs.gurock.com/testrail-api2/reference-results#get_results_for_case

But when I try to retrieve test case results for all test run IDs, I’m getting errors saying that tests with that combinations of test run IDs and test case IDs do not exist.

But when I try to retrieve test case results for all test run IDs, I’m getting errors saying that tests with that combinations of test run IDs and test case IDs do not exist.